Monday, January 5, 2009

WKU game

One game doth not a season make, but our loss at WKU was pretty depressing. We just are not in the big time yet, or evidently even close to it. We keep hoping that “this is the year” that we make some major strides forward, and then something like this happens and the wheels just flat fall off. Maybe we can recover and salvage a good season from it, but at this point I am beginning to have my doubts. Good teams have bad nights, but that bad? I don’t know.

It is not the fact that we lost that bothers me, but how we lost. WKU is better than we are, I suspect, but I don’t think they are that much better. And to go in there and just stink up the whole place – that is not acceptable to anyone, I hope. Diddle is probably the most imposing home arena in the SBC, but the crowd was lighter than usual because of the holidays, and that should not have been as much of a factor as usual.

This coaching staff and team need to do some real soul-searching at this point. The core fan base is in a pretty lousy mood, and should be.

No comments: