Monday, August 15, 2011

Why I follow the teams I do

I follow 53 teams closely enough to keep up with their recruiting and study their stats in the off season. Why those particular teams? Well . . . I am glad you asked.

1. Some because they are Arkansas teams that have no connection with Fayetteville.
2. Some because they are academically-strong schools who do not bow to athletics (e.g. Northwestern)
3. Some because they are "at" teams (such as University of Missouri AT Kansas City)
4. Some because I like the coaches (e.g., Bowling Green)
5. Some because they play the style of ball that I like (e.g., Drexel)
6. Some because they are historically intersting (e.g., William and Mary)
7. Some just because they intrigue me (e.g., Maine)

And perhaps a few other reasons, but those are the main ones.

No comments: