Monday, February 25, 2013

Something is wrong - but let's get the right answer

Something in wrong in Little Rock. We have lost five out of six. Granted, several of them were games we would not have expected to win, but we looked awful losing, and that is never good.

The knee-jerk reaction by people who do not like Steve Shields is, "Fire the coach!" Well, maybe it is time to change the coach. That is not my decision. I don't worry about that too much.

My point is that a while back we had won 6 out of 8, including wins at North Texas and at Western Kentucky. If the coaches were good during the wins, they are good coaches now. If they are bad coaches now, they were bad coaches then. Things normally do not change that much that quickly.

I want to get back to whatever we were doing when we won 6 out of 8. If the lack of a healthy Taggart Lockhart has been the problem, there was nothing we could do about that. And that may have contributed, but I doubt it was the entire problem. We just need to identify the problem and fix it - if it is fixable.

I suspect it is time to tighten up the rotation a little bit. That may be one problem.

No comments: