Friday, October 28, 2016

What kind of team will this be?

I wish I knew. There are three indicators that come to mind.

1. What sort of player was Wes Flanigan in his college days? That one I cannot answer. I know he was pretty good, but I know nothing about his style. He was not a great shooter at all, averaging 26.8% from the arc in each of his last two seasons there. He led the team in steals both those seasons.

2. What style does Cliff Ellis (his coach at Auburn) prefer? His teams at Coastal Carolina have been notable for very tough defense.

3. Flanigan already has indicated that he does not intend to make a lot of major changes from the approach the team had last season. Although he has a lot of seniors, and it would not be overly smart to rock the boat too much, I would assume that that means that he is in agreement with the Beard style for the most part.

No comments: