Friday, July 28, 2017

An apology of sorts

I honestly think I need to apologize a little for this blog. I have followed Little Rock basketball since I got disgusted with Nolan Richardson and moved my loyalty to the next closest (at that time) D1 school.

It should be obvious that I am not a basketball expert in any wise. Set the Xs and Os in front of me and I am lost. The one thing I might know a little bit more about than most people is college basketball stats. Give me a roster and a stat sheet, and I can do a pretty good job of describing the team without knowing anything else about them. So you are not going to get much more than ignorant opinions from me, and bits that I pick up in the news here and there. And I know that that ignorance shows. But it is the joyful privilege of fans to cherish ignorant opinions, so I don't feel too badly about it.

I am old school - in most every way. I like fundamental. I don't like fancy. I like clean-cut. I don't like tattoos. And I realize that sometimes attitudes those get in the way of my calculations and at least partially invalidate my opinions. But, hey, it's a free country.

I have come close to shutting down this blog several times. After all, its readership is not overwhelming. Probably the main thing that has kept me going with is the fact that since our friend who had been at the Democrat shut down his blog and the message board traffic has dwindled badly with Doc's health issues, there really is not a regular stream of Little Rock basketball information on the internet.

So, I'll piddle along, at least for a while. Don't expect my opinions to have much merit (except maybe where statistics are concerned). Assume that I will continue to be a hidebound anachronism. But maybe in some small way we can help keep folks thinking about Little Rock basketball. Go Trojans!

No comments: