Wednesday, October 17, 2018

American female golfers?

Is there a lack of good American female golfers of college age? Or in America do they perhaps go a different path in their development than those from other countries? I doubt that either of those things is true. So, it seems strange to me that there are so many foreign-born athletes in women's golf. It is not like soccer, where the sport has not been popular: golf is a big sport in America. But out of seven athletes on our women's golf roster, all of them are from a foreign country. You will find the same situation (though perhaps not to that degree) in other schools. I have no problem at all with that; I am just curious why it is true. I do not have enough familiarity with the sport to know the ins and outs of its recruiting.

No comments: