Friday, November 23, 2018

Why Virginia's loss doesn't bother me

Like all fans of the little guys, I was rooting for some 16 seed to beat some 1 seed. I just hated that it was Virginia that got beat, because I like Tony Bennett and the program he has built. But really, that loss does not bother me too much, because Virginia had an outstanding season - good enough to get picked as a #1 seed. The Cavs play a pristine game, relatively free of mistakes and with the best defense around year in and year out. And their 2017-18 season was a classic. So why cry about it. We need to divorce the regular season from the Tournament, anyway. I have long said that we need to declare national champions each season. So Virginia needs to revel in their accomplishment and not let one loss ruin it.

No comments: