Monday, April 29, 2019

Kris Bankston

I would love to have this kid on my team, as a coach (which I am not, but if I were, I would love to coach him). I know nothing of his attitude or anything of that nature, but having someone with a nose for the basket would be wonderful in these "don't get your hands dirty" 3-point days. My only criticism of his shooting would be that he does not do enough of it. He needs to be more aggressive offensively, because he is money in the bank.

Bankston's rebounding, on the other hand, leaves much to be desired. With Maric having that European attitude, Bankston is the logical candidate to be the Chairman of the Boards. I can understand why he might have been a little passive on offense, given the number of offensive threats we had on this team, but we did not have any rebounders, so the field was his. He needs to get the attitude that Jones-Jennings had: "Every rebound that comes of the backboard is mine." He has enough hops and agility: all he needs is the aggressiveness and the want-to.

No comments: