Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Lis Shoshi

Certainly Lis was one of our surprises last year - both on the good and not-so-good side of the ledger. He came in advertised as a dominant rebounder, but we never saw that. Decent, but not dominant. He did not come in as a major three-point threat, and he almost got there. I have very mixed emotions about that. I am happy to get scoring wherever it can be found, of course, but three-point shooters grow on almost every tree these days; kids who are 6-11 do not. I sort of want my big guys down where they can do what the 6-2 kids cannot.

Be that as it may, Lis had a very solid season. All-in-all, it was everything we could have hoped for. Now his task is to translate "solid" into "dominant." In order to do that, the first thing he is going to have to do is put on some weight. Another 15-20 pounds of muscle would be wonderful. Statistically, I would love to see his rebounding numbers move up several notches, but that may depend upon the role Wes has for him. With the new guys available, we may not need as much rebounding from him.

I do not think there is any doubt that the upside for Lis is tremendous. He has not been playing basketball that long, and after all, last year was his first at the D1 level. An All-Belt season would not surprise me.

No comments: