Monday, August 1, 2016

Dayshawn Watkins

This is the player about whom I am hoping, hoping, hoping; because perhaps more than any other individual our hopes of an outstanding season will ride with him. You don't lose one of your all-time great point guards without leaving a gaping hole, and someone has to fill it.

Looking at his history, it is hard to know what to expect. He was outstanding in high school, outstanding in juco, but never really got going at FSU. I am pinning my hopes on the fact that the FSU staff knew how to evaluate talent, which is not such a stretch given his record elsewhere. Of all his previous stats, the one that intrigues me the most is the fact that he had back-to-back games with double-figure assists. That is rare.

I also like the fact that we had a central Arkansas kid want to come home. Here is hoping he has a great career here.


No comments: