Saturday, February 19, 2011

NCAA tourney

I have said it before, and I will say it again. I really wish they would make the NCAA tournament include all D1 teams. The significance of "making the tournament" has been blown all out of proportion in importance. Fix it where all the teams make the tournament, and then making the tournament becomes meaningless, which would make the regular season become an entity on its own, and thus make it more important. Some will answer that some teams don't deserve to be in the tournament. I would answer that most of the teams there now have no realistic chance whatsoever of winning the tournament, so do they deserve to be there? Further, I would argue that several teams each year are there because they won 3 or 4 games in the league tournament, and winning four games qualifies them to be in the national championship tournament?

No comments: