Friday, February 2, 2018

Five wins won't do it

Probably all of us have speculated about the status of Wes Flanigan's job - as in will he have one next season? Only one man knows the answer to that, of course; and probably even he does not completely know the answer because the season is not over. (If we were to win out we would all feel a lot better.)

However, I cannot see any reason to think that five wins saves Wes' job. I know we are young and all that, but especially given the fact that our non-conference schedule was not particularly difficult, five wins (one of them non-D1) is not going to get it done.

I think we have some nice talent on this team, and I think someone will be able to make them into a competitive squad, but Wes has not proven that he is the man to do that. I think we have some nice talent on the roster. I think we are making progress; we have improved in some phases of the game over the course of the season. But some coaches are just not good game coaches, and Wes appears to fall into that category. 

No comments: