Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Darrell Walker

Welcome Coach Walker. I hope you have a long and very successful career at Little Rock, and I am behind you all the way. And I mean that sincerely.

That having been said, let's review what happened in the process. If Wikipedia's information is correct, Walker was a head coach in the NBA for three seasons, with an overall record of 56-113 (.331). That would have a way to go to get even to the mediocre level. He has been a head coach at the D2 level for two years, with an overall record of 45-18 (.714), which is very nice by any standard, and certainly deserves credit. He has not coached in any capacity at the D1 college level.

There is NO WAY anyone can convince me that Darrell Walker was the best candidate that applied for this job. Not even close. This was obviously a political pick. It may work out well; I hope it does. But Chasse Conque did not do any better as far as the process is concerned on this selection than he did on the last. 

Trojan fans may be pleased with the results, but I think they definitely have a fight to be peeved at the method.

No comments: