Thursday, August 2, 2018

Taking a mulligan?

This probably is not true, and I certainly have no way of knowing, but this season is looking more and more like Walker is "taking a mulligan," i.e., writing off this season before it gets started. I certain do not mean that he is not trying to win, but only that he does not expect to win big this season. And, I have no particular problem with that. There is something to be said for slowing down and doing things the right way. I don't like the short roster, but that may get fixed before the season. I don't like the lack of height, but that may fit his style of play. I am not hugely impressed with the schedule, but those are games that we have at least an outside chance of winning. Next season? Then I want to see a full roster and some games that will bring in fans.

No comments: