Thursday, December 13, 2018

How To Get Better At Free Throw Shooting

I am sure there have been books written about this. I am sure it is much more of a science than many coaches would like to admit. Some teams shoot well; some teams get better. So why can some coaches teach FT shooting and others seemingly cannot? Don't look at me, because I do not know the answer; but I have to believe that somewhere out there are those Free Throw gurus who have made a specialty of teaching that part of the game.

I do know this much from my old music days: practice does NOT make perfect. Merely shooting free throws does not necessarily make you that much better at shooting free throws. First of all, what you are trying to do is not to shoot them, but to make them. Anyone can shoot them. If you shoot them badly, and practice doing whatever it is you are doing when you shoot them badly, then you are just practicing bad shooting. PERFECT practice makes perfect. Do it right; make the shot; then do it right over and over again.

No comments: