Wednesday, April 9, 2014

How I pass the off-season

With the exception of a casual interest in the other Little Rock sports and following the two high school football teams where my son-in-law has coached, my basketball off-season is devoted to getting boned up with information, looking toward last year.


During the season I collect information on college basketball in general, and I read those articles. Plus, I have about 50 teams that I follow closely enough to keep their season stat sheets and collect recruiting information about them. So, during my “reading periods” at work, I work my way through the stack, analyzing the stats and boning up on the performance of the team, who they having coming back and who they are losing. I also watch their websites for new recruits and players who may be leaving the teams. Not much, but it helps the long off-season progress a little faster.

No comments: