Thursday, March 9, 2017

Time for a deep breath

This is the point in a disappointing season when we must draw a deep breath and say, "Oh well, there is always next year." And, that is very true. I thought we should have been in the top third of the conference. we weren't.

What did I get wrong? Well, first of all I thought Dayshawn Watkins would be healthy. He wasn't. I thought Flanigan would be able to get more out of his players. He wasn't. I thought Johnson would take up where he left off last season. He didn't. Likewise with Shoshi. Neither did he.

On the positive side, I had high expectations for Jalen Jackson, and he fulfilled that hope. Likewise with Kemy Osse and Maurius Hill, who were both reliable, steady players. The biggest surprise was Deondre Burns, who came out of nowhere mid-season to become our most reliable shooter. Big things should be ahead for that young man.

No comments: