Thursday, May 12, 2016

Will Stallings make Pitt "soft" ?

I like Kevin Stallings as a coach. I have followed Vanderbilt closely for quite a few years, and I think he is a good coach. However, he has  been a frustrating coach, because, like many (most?) teams that rely heavily on the 3-point shot, his teams tended to be "soft." They did not have that hard-nosed, blue-collar, dirty hands quality that I like. Pitt, on the other hand, has been just the opposite. The team from the Steel City is tough, and that has been the way they play. Stylistically, it would not appear that Stallings is a good fit for Pitt. Will he inflict upon them the same softness that he left at Vandy? Time will tell, but I hope not. I like Stallings, and I like Pitt, but I hope it is Stallings that changes, and not the Panthers.

No comments: